Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pineapple Rice

Right now, I'm in the apprentice phase of my work training.

This morning I had to go to Dover, Delaware to do some work with my mentor. He has two mentees right now, so we got a company car (we ended up getting a massive black SUV with a diesel engine you could hear for blocks. It was an interesting drive.) We were supposed to meet him at 7 am.

Our original plan was to leave at 4:30 (am) but the other girl texted me the night before at 10:30 saying that Yahoo maps put the trip at 2.5 hours so she was going to come a little early. I knew she was nervous about getting there on time, so I mentally translated that to "a lot early" and got up at 3:45.

She called to pick me up at 4:10, though she later admitted she'd been sitting in my parking lot for awhile. We got to Dover at 6:20, so we got breakfast and ate until my mentor drove in to the parking lot.

Our work got delayed, so I didn't get home until 3, slept for 2 hours, and then got up. I didn't want to, but was worried that if I slept again I would wake up at 2 in the morning. I also said I would go out to eat with my roommates. So I really needed to get up and moving.

We went to a Thai place that has a sushi bar. My roommates got sushi rolls, and I ordered Pineapple Fried Rice, which came in a half hollowed out pineapple. It was awesome, and it tasted really good. And half a pineapple is really deep. I ate from when it came out, til when everyone else had finished, and I barely made a dent.

I asked for a box, and to my delight, they boxed up the entire thing. Pineapple and all.

I am TOTALLY taking that thing to work tomorrow. :)

When the bill came, BSA looked at it and said to me, "Wow, you had fun."

I replied, "It came in a PINEAPPLE BSA. I'm only human."

1 comment:

W.W. said...

Ah your fasination with pine apples. Hope you have a good day even with the little sleep you have.