Friday, May 15, 2009

VA Allergies

Two weeks of constant rain have increased mold, and when its not raining the tree pollen levels are off the charts creating a perfect storm of allergens. A lot of people are sick. Even Benedryl hasn't been powerful enough to stop my hay fever. Tuesday night I was so congested I couldn't take the pressure lying down, so I formed my pillows into a sort-of pillow chair and slept on an incline.

Which worked great until about 2:30. That's when one of the key load-bearing pillows gave out, sending the whole structure crashing down and my head bounced off the mattress with a soft "DONK." I spent the next half hour engineering another pillow chair with a less dramatic incline. Which gave me about two hours to doze until I had to get up.

Today however, I found an upside to my allergies. Someone in the lab was working on something particularly odoriferous. You could follow its progress through the lab by the choking, gagging scientists left in its wake.

Except me.

Didn't smell a blessed thing all day long.


Hee hee hee.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Aw, poor you!