Monday, October 11, 2010

Secretariat

I saw this Thursday night and I really liked it. They do a great job of showcasing Virginia horse country. I've only been out there twice, but its just as gorgeous as it looks in the movie.

Fun Fact: The farm where Secretariat was filmed is now the site for the VA state fair.

The shots of the races are also really well done. I guess this movie is a bit like Titanic, in that you already know how it ends, but they do a good job building up the tension anyway, and its just fun to watch the horses run.

Since we all know Secretariat is awesome, they build drama with the owner's story. I did wonder if her husband was as much of a jerk as he's protrayed. I think they might have beefed that up to make it more dramatic.

Its a good film though and an excellent one to see in the theater. Even if there's some dude snoring through the first third.

(Seriously, why did it take so long for whoever was next to him to wake him up?)

No comments: