Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's Story Time!!

It was a mild winter day in Alexandria. The sun shone brightly as the pigeon swarm on Boswell Ave practiced their flight maneuvers. Only the chill bite in the breeze spoke of February. The Author stretched, enjoying the t-shirt comfy weather as she made her way to the studio. But who is this gorgeous, mysterious woman? And why has she never been photographed with the dynamic lead singer Elaina, of Elaina and the Borons?
As the door swung open Elaina was greeted by the Dictator for Life, who was jamming on the keyboards.
“Dude! Check out my wicked remix of Little Brown Jug!”
“Wicked” Concurred The Author, “and how’s our blood-sucking accountant?”
Becca looked up from her guitar “I’ll be a lot better once I find my 10 key. I don’t know where you stashed it, but nothing remains hidden from a BSA for long. Ware my wrath!! It is great and terrible!! Even Amazons cower before me! See?!” She pointed over to the drum set, where Wonder Woman was trying to hide behind the bass.
“She’s been hiding back there all day.” DFL sighed, “I fear she may never be able to truly party like a rock star.”
“Come on out Wonder Woman,” TA beckoned “I’ll give you a cookie.”
“You can’t see me!” WW sang out.
“Dude, your tiara’s reflecting off the cymbal.” TA pointed out
“I told you not to wear that” DFL helpfully pointed out
“I mean, I don’t even play guitar, I’m a flautist!” BSA was still on her monologue.
WW stood up and struck her best defiant pose (#24), “I don’t want to live in Virginia!”
“We’ve been over this” TA explained patiently. “We can’t have a band if the drummer lives 2000 miles away.”
“Well I don’t want to be in a band either!!” huffed the superhero stubbornly.
“But WW” DFL reasoned, “If we’re both in the band that means we’ll be on the same side. We might actually have story with some kind of resolved ending.”
“Whoa, let’s not get crazy now,” Stammered TA
“Actually I haven’t seen that flute in years…” BSA mused
“I don’t care, I don’t want to be in a band. I want to raise sheep in New Zealand.” WW remained adamant.
“Come on WW, we all know there’s no happy ending there.” DFL pointed out.
“Yeah, look at Brokeback Mountain.” TA pointed out “I blame that whole movie on sheep herding.”
“And sheep herding outfits are horrible.” BSA pointed out as she finally entered the conversation.
“Well, as the hero of the last three stories I demand a say!” WW stated definitely.
“Fine,” sighed TA, “but if we’re going to have an ensemble piece there’s only four ways it can go.”

A: Touring rock band
B: Superhero team
C: Charlie’s Angels
D: Teen drama

All right, this time everyone gets a say *cough cough WW* Everyone vote for your choice in the comments with your reason. Majority rules, and in case of a tie, I’ll pick the one with the most amusing commentary.

6 comments:

DFL said...

Dang that's a tough one. Absolutely not a teen drama. I say a superhero team operating under the guise of a touring rock band.

corbeau said...

Hey that's 2 in 1?? I'm sure that's some kind of cheating.

Anonymous said...

Okay, wow, didn't realize how into these things you girls were. Ever thought about being a writer?
As for my decision:
As a BSA, I think I have to go with the Charlies Angels- It just seems to fit the guise and I like the idea of having an alter ego underneath this BSA exterior. Though I do love a great teen drama- sorry DFL.
P.S.DFL needs to pick one answer, so that all is fair in love and war.

Anonymous said...

I think you should be rockers during the day with the appropriate glasses to mask your identity and the whoosh! your glasses come off and your a quartet of various super gals. hehe

W.W. said...

You know any choice I make I can see all sort of horrific things happening to WW that only TA would do. So no to teen drama, hate to say this, but I would hope we have all out grown this part of our lives. No to touring rock band, because we all know how they tend to come into those cities that are out in the middle of no where and corrupt the "youth"! No to a super hero team because honestly that has already been done. So I will have to go with Charlies Angels, just because I know TA would just have a blast with this one.

corbeau said...

Oh no!! We've got two for superheros disguised as a rock band, and two for Charlie's Angles.
Everyone has made excellent arguments, so I think I will allow the penny of judgement to decide our fictional fate.

Heads: rockin' superheros (1st posted)
Tails: Charlie's Angels

And here's the toss.....