Monday, October 16, 2006

Midnight Musings

At exactly 3:15 this morning I woke up with a certain knowledge that something was horribly, horribly wrong and that somehow, my fine tuned ninja immune system was under assualt by a vicious germy foe.
Normally, I would launch a full chemical assault but since I was out of cold medicine my kleenex box and I were left to face those long, dark hours alone.
As the battle raged and a hot, buzzy sensation developed behind my eyes; I let my mind wander to a more peaceful time. When Mariberiboberi (MBOB) and I rented the Sweet Valley High movies at 89 cents a pop, and discovered one of the greatest scenes in cinematic history.

One of the twins (blonde1 or possibly blonde2) is being stalked. She leaves after her late shift at the hospital and heads out to her car. Once in the parking lot,the dramatic background music lets her know that the stalker is near. Nervous she heads to her car, an open air jeep. The music gets more intense as she fumbles for her keys. The music gets even more frantic as the girl desperately unlocks the door, hops in, slams it shuts and locks it behind her. She lets out a sigh of relief. Because now she's safe. In her open air jeep. Then the stalker pops up from the back seat where he was HIDING THE WHOLE TIME!!

The scene ends there, but deep down I know, that after her initial gasp of astonishment, her first thought was: How did this freak get in my car??!!

And then I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Dude I'm totally sick.

9 comments:

W.W. said...

Yes you are.

corbeau said...

I wish I could remember what that movie was called, because it was a classic. Including this gem of a line:

"My sister could never love a freak like you!"

Anonymous said...

that line is going to bug me now, because i KNOW i've heard it before........crap crap crap. if you think of it TA please let me know...otherwise i see myself up all night thinking about it and watching weird al being "white and nerdy" with donny osmond all over again. =)

corbeau said...

I wish I could remember. It's one of the Sweet Valley High movies, and one of the twins is being stalked by a creepy hospital orderly.

And she has a jeep. MBOB might know more.

W.W. said...

I still laugh that you guys watched those Sweet Valley High movies. I am scared to ask if you read the books. Being the advid book readers you are.

corbeau said...

Actually I never read those books, but we had this huge collection (Hey I've got tons of sisters) of those sunfire romances where the girl is on the front and there's two guys behind her? And the title is her name? And they're pretty much interchangeable?

Yeah... good times.

W.W. said...

Yep those would be the books in that group. I can honestly say I never read them. Yeah for me.

corbeau said...

Girl you're missing out. Those things are hilarious!

W.W. said...

Too melodramatic. Kind of like Courtie on Buffy always thinking that she was the ultimate woman, and not having a clue.