Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trophies

So remember last winter when I joined the lab bowling league and annoyed everyone by posting weekly bowling updates?

Well, while I was home they league had their awards dinner, and I got two trophies!!

One is a team trophy, we took third place (Go Team Air Strike!!) and the other I got for "Highest Female Handicap"

So basically, I got a trophy for being really really bad at bowling. How do I even tell people about that?

Normally, these your typical "Yeah for participating!" trophies that you can put on your computer to show what a social person you are.

However, due to a mix up at the trophy companies, we got these ginormous wood-gold monstrosties that would crush my computer into tiny bits. I found them sitting on my desk.

Two of them. I had to put them on the ground, because having those two golden female bowlers above me was starting to creep me out.

I waited until about 3:40, so as to miss most of the first shift rush, and then headed for the elevator. Empty. I got in, a trophy in each hand (sometimes I had to balance one on my shoulder, and hold it in place with my chin to badge in and out) and hit the button for the ground floor.

"Hold the elevator!"a male voice cried out. Crap.

I held the elevator.

"Thanks so WHOA!"

I got that reaction a lot. In fact, I got a comment from everyone I passed, including one "Well you must be the award winner!" It was a little embarrassing.

I don't even know where to put them. They won't fit on our fireplace mantle. They're too big.

What would you do with two giant bowling trophies?

2 comments:

W.W. said...

Put them on you book shelf somewhere!

Kristen said...

well after that fantastic description i think i would like to see a picture of said trophies.