Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday Geek Out

Neat fan-made trailer for a live action Evangelion movie. I love how they pick Elijah Wood for the neurotic Shinji who, it has been brilliantly said, has more complexes than an industrial park.

I disagree with Dunst for Asuka though, she's just seems too nice and meek to pull it off. I suppose that could be because these shots are taken from Spider-man, and it's hard to compare girl-next-door to a girl who's made arrogant toxic nastiness into an art form.

Interesting thought: Who would you cast as Misato? Hmmm, I'll have to ponder this.

4 comments:

W.W. said...

You are going to have to inform me about this one, because I have never heard about it.

corbeau said...

It's a mind-bendy mecha anime. I've watched the whole series at least 4 times and I still haven't quite figured it all out yet.
It's also a good one to watch when you're having a bad day. Seriously, no matter what bad thing is screwing up your life, it's still not as bad as what happens to the people in this story.

W.W. said...

And they are making this into a movie? By the way just how many times have you watched this show and when is the movie due out.

corbeau said...

I told you, about 4 times. As for the movie, I don't know. It's been put on hold, so maybe never.