Sunday, December 30, 2007

Movies, Bread, and Mission Impossible

Because I get a little random when I'm tired.

I went and saw National Treasure 2 tonight. It was a very fun movie. After watching it, I think Mount Vernon should build a secret passageway, complete with creepy spywebs, leading from the stables out to the GW parkway.

Or the parking lot. Whichever.

Dude. Mission Impossible is on!! Yeah for cable running old old reruns. I forgot Peter Graves was Mr. Phelps. "Your mission Jim..."

Anyway, sorry, NT2 also features the Library of Congress. The Library is my favorite building in the city, so I was happy that others get to see how beautiful it is. It's not really the first thing you think about touring when you come to DC.

I'm baking bread. Because, what else are you going to do at 12 on a Sat night?

Actually, I really wanted to try my new bread maker, so I started a loaf at 5. I didn't have to leave for the theater until 8, and I thought three hours would be plenty of time.

Laugh at my naivete. When I left, it still had 45 minutes to raise before the hour baking period started. Since I didn't want to leave it while I was at the theater, I stopped the machine. I checked it first thing when I got home. Luckily, it hadn't raised too much (I was picturing something out of I Love Lucy. An enormous dough monster devouring my kitchen or something) so I punched it down and put it in the oven. I had to guess at temp and time though, so this should be interesting.

No comments: