Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Krav Report

I love me my new fighting shoes.

They're so light, yet so supportive, and they have these awesome puma kitty sillouttes on the toes.

Tonight we learned the "Get off the Ground in a Fight Maneuver" which will be forever known as the maneuver where the instructor caught me checking out his butt.

This happened when I was training at the school in DC, and it wasn't really my fault.

My instructor, who had a penchant for wearing tight clothes to show off his greek god physique, was showing us the proper way to get off the ground during a fight without getting your head kicked in.

The middle of this move is called a "post" where, using a hand and a foot, you lift yourself off the ground. Then you swivel your hips to bring your other leg around and down.

So this is what happened. The Instructor was on the ground. "Then you're going to post," he lifted up off the ground, "and now, we're going to swivel to bring that other leg around." He demonstrated the swivel. "See? So Lift, and swivel..and swivel..and swivel" and well, I'm only human.

The look on his face when caught me was...er...surprised. And then he stopped demonstrating the swivel.

But tonight I was very good and concentrated on doing the maneuver and didn't check out my instructor once.

And what are you having for dinner tonight corbeau?

Well, I'm glad you asked. I'm having steak, with mushrooms and rice pilaf. I figured I earned the steak, being as I was so good during class and all. The rice is from one of those Green Giant microwave steamers you find in the freezer section. Everyone at work was talking about how good they were, so I thought I'd try it.

They were right. It's some dang tasty rice.

6 comments:

W.W. said...

So is he taken or is he gay?

Kristen said...

okay have you ever read Janet Evanovich? Because, HILARIOUS, but also not recommendable to Nice Mormon Girls. She has a lot of old romances which are mostly lame, but her Stephanie Plum series... starts with One for the Money, if you haven't read them, totally do. DO!

And I'll have to look into those others you mentioned... :)

Nanette said...

Hahaha! I LOVE that you were checking out your trainers butt! That's so funny!
I guess it motivates you to keep going to class, right? ;)gwosk

Anonymous said...

its hard to ignore nice physiques, especially when the subject wears clothes that diverts attention to said areas. i woulda been looking too. mmhmm

corbeau said...

Oh, we're all Stephanie Plum fans here. I prefer Ranger, but BSA is all about Morelli.

Kristen said...

I confess, i cannot decide between ranger and morelli. I lean toward Diesel, actually... ;)