Monday, May 12, 2008

Good Food Monday--Page 6

Good Food Monday

I have the Monday Blahs. We’ve been having constant storming rain. Last night we had a horrible storm, and all the constant banging and what not kept me up all night, thinking about the news story I saw that was all about the storm ripping walls and roofs off houses.

I was especially concerned since I spent most of yesterday bad mouthing our church service. But honestly, who ever heard of a Mother’s Day service that was all about honoring men?

A couple of hours later I realized that I was just being silly, and that what I really should be worrying about was the tree trying to smash its way through my window.

When I finally fell asleep, I had a dream where I was fighting zombies. In my labcoat. With a scalpel of all things.

When I woke up, I was light headed and head-achey, and when I got to work, I had 8 hours of class where I had to calculate, calibrate, and convert. Oh goodness my brain is fried.

But enough WHINING!! On with the food…

We’ve missed a few weeks, but now we’re onto page 6, appetizers.

Cheddar Ranch Snack Mix

3 c Kellog’s Crispix cereal
3 c Cheez-its white cheddar crackers
1 c mini pretzels
1 pkt dry ranch dip mix
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon & herb seasoning
1 tsp dill weed
¼ c vegetable oil

In a large bowl, combine Crispix cereal, Cheez-Itz crackers and pretzels. Set aside. IN a small mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mixing well. Pour seasoning mixture over cracker mixture. Gently stir the mixture. Microwave on high 1 minute. Gently stire. Microwave on high for 1 more minute.

This one is easy and pretty tasty, although the seasoning is pretty strong. Tastes a lot like Chicken in a Biscuit.

3 comments:

W.W. said...

I want to hear more about the mother's day meeting about honoring men!!

Nanette said...

No kidding! I need to hear more about that talk too.
I'm sorry you are
1. feeling the blah's--take some chocolate
2. In mortal danger--I'm praying for you tonight for sure!

But, hey, at least you are handy with a scalpel, right?!

corbeau said...

Hmmmm Chocolate. I definitely need chocolate.