Tuesday, May 06, 2008

NY Trip--Saturday

NY Trip—Saturday

On Saturday we went down to Times Square, walked around, went shopping, and saw Iron Man. (I liked it. It was fast paced, good dialogue, and the best robot comic relief since R2-D2.)




Then we went down to the WTC, but it was walled off for construction. So went to Battery Park. There were these guys dressed as the Statue of Liberty. One of them sassed me when I wouldn’t go pose for a picture, but by the time we got to the park I was out of small bills.



This was also a bummer when we found a posing Spiderman.



We came across this big crowd of people. We climbed onto a big bronze statue, and watched a guy flip over a man, his wife and their three children. Awesome.

As we wandered back we came up Wall St. and right into a Romanian street fair. Seriously! We got Strawberry and Chocolate crepes which were amazing.



That night we went to Wicked, which I loved.

Our seats were way up close. Close enough to see the individual wiry hairs on the monkeys heads. We were on the side, so I couldn’t see all of the backdrop, but I could see all the actors, so it was awesome.

Glinda (the Ga is silent) was my favorite. She had me laughing every time she came on stage, and during “Popular” I laughed so hard it hurt. I also got chills during some of the songs. I loved it. I loved the story, the dialogue, the songs. Loved it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A posing spiderman...so very interesting...

Kristen said...

that sounds like a ton of fun. i love the ninja restaurant story.