Monday, December 08, 2008

Monday AMV and The Cirque De Soleil

We put up our Christmas tree yesterday, so my house if officially ready for Christmas.

Friday I went with BSA to the Cirque De Soleil, which was really good, even though they held it at the National Harbor, which is only accessible by the Woodrow Wilson Bridge aka, the Bridge of Despair, and even though they charged 13 bucks for a popcorn and soda, and despite the ruthless pairing of extra salty popcorn with a strict no-refill policy on your souvenir cup.

CURSE YOU FRENCH-CANADIANS!!!!!! Vous etes des salles chameaux!!

But I digress. By the time we got off the Bridge of Eternal Torment the show had already started, so I missed the first act, but the rest was pure awesome.

Contortionists - freaky but beautiful. How does one become a professional contortionist anyway? What's that job interview like? Do you think she has "ability to sit on my own head" listed as a bullet point on her resume?

Yes, these were my thoughts, beyond "ew" and "Ahh!!" as I watched the contortionists do things no human body was ever meant to do. I can't help it.

If I could be anyone at the circus, I would be the trapeze girl. Not only does it look like tons of fun, but you get to have the super sassy attitude.

Volunteered by clowns = dire fate. Do not let this happen to you.

The High Wire guys were amazing. Not only did they walk across that sucker, they jump roped, rode bikes, and jumped over each other's heads. Although one did fall on that last one. He caught himself though, so it was all good.

During intermission we discovered the no refill policy, and toured the amazing masks that artists create for the circus.

The second half was dominated by something I can only describe as Spinning Wheels of DEATH. It was amazing, and the guys who perform on those things are crazy. Especially the one running on the outside!

Those are my highlights. There were beautiful things, amazing things, disturbing things, and a guy on stilts who performed a double back flip and nailed the landing.

It is definitely a show worth checking out.

1 comment:

tiff said...

That sounds like it was awesome!

And I see that your french is as good as ever!