Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday AMV -blerghhhh

Did everyone have a good weekend? I've eaten so many goodies that just the thought of sugar cookies makes me feel a little ill.

Speaking of sugar cookies, I was at a friends Christmas party, and everyone was opening their gifts all at once. I was working through mine methodically, based on shape and size.

I opened a tin, and it was full of all kinds of homemade cookies. I tried one. Hmmm, delicious. The next present was a plastic Christmas pail. I popped the lid and pulled out a bag full of little sugar cookies in the shape of moons.

"Cool!" I thought. I immediately opened the bag and popped one into my mouth. The first thing I noticed was that the cookies were dusted in flour, not powdered sugar. It also had a weird texture and taste.

"Eww" I thought, putting the lid back on. "I'll just take those home and toss 'em."

Just then I heard someone call out "The stuff in the pail is homemade pasta. Not sugar cookies! So you probably don't want to eat them right now."

"Good thing you warned us" a guy called out, "I was just about to eat some."

I just nodded vigourously. "Phew, warned just in time."


Today's video is from Band of Brothers, an HBO mini-series that's equal parts awe and heartbreak. Amazing stuff.

2 comments:

W.W. said...

have you cooked the pasta yet?

corbeau said...

Yeah it was pretty good.