Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Krav

Now that I'm better I've decided to get a little more serious about my fitness, so I decided to go to the Krav fit class, which focuses on cardio and aerobic workout circuits.

It is BRUTAL. In Krav fit, running laps = break period. Unless of course you're running too slow, and then the instructor says "Catch the person in front of you!" and if that doesn't work, it turns into "I'm not calling a waterbreak until someone catches the person in front of them!" thus initiating the most desperate game of tag ever.

When things get hard, the instructor yells out "Put your mind somewhere else!" so I thought "I will look hot in a bikini. I will look hot in a bikini. I will look hot in a bikini."

And we got to the weighted crunches, doing crunches with a 5 pound medicine ball, I thought to myself "bikini. bikini. bikini."

And when we got to the weighted squats, I thought "I'm going to puke. Oh I'm going to puke."

But I didn't and I even survived the Level 1 class afterwords. But when it came to the 3rd hour Level 2 class, I was done. One of the instructors started giving me a hard time, but I looked him right in the eye, and said "I will puke and die."

He laughed and said "go home."

Later tonight I'm going to a party, and hopefully this doesn't all catch up to me so that I'm ready to drop at like 8 tonight.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

You are one tough cookie. . .

on your way to looking really hot ina bikini!

tiff said...

Wow. You seriously inspire me....or at least make me wish I were more like you.

Hey, do you ever come home to the valley? Because if you do, we should totally go to lunch. Of course it would be awkward at first, because we haven't spoken to each other in person for over ten years, but then we'd get over it and have fun! Think about it....

corbeau said...

I usually make it home once a year. I don't have my trip planned yet for this year, but it would be awesome to meet up over lunch or something

Awkward Schmawkward. We're blogging buddies now. What 10 years?