Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Corbeau's Diet

Tiff wanted to know what my diet is. Unfortunately, I lack the discipline to stick to a diet, but this is basically what I eat on a normal day.

5:40 - breakfast

I don't like to eat early in the morning, so I usually just have toast or cream of wheat with fruit juice. (I hate drinking water in the morning) If I'm having a bad day I get donut and hot chocolate at Starbucks, and if its a really bad day I hit up a McDonald's on the way to work.

I have a snack between 9 and 10, I love those little 100 calorie pack stuff. The little cinnamon streusal coffecakes are awesome! I also have hershey kisses at work.
I'll take my lunch, either a sandwich with chips and a ho ho, or take a lean cuisine. I like the pizzas or the paninis.

A lot of times we eat out, but if I go out to eat, then I don't have dinner. I just have a snack when I get home and then a bowl of cereal. Especially if I have Krav, because I don't want to throw it up.

My favorite snack is to cut up peppers, and then dip them in roast garlic humus. Its also really good with cucumber slices, but they go bad fast, and nothing says nasty like squishy cucumber.

When we eat dinner, I usually eat out, or frozen vegetables, pizza, or I really like the Stouffer's lasagnas.

So that's about it. I eat out a lot, and I love sugar, and I can't resist the sweet siren call of Dr Pepper.

4 comments:

W.W. said...

Sounds pretty basic.

tiff said...

Wow! Thanks. I'm officially jealous that you can eat like that. I have the dreaded allergies that mean I have to watch things. Even sugar, because it worsens inflammation. But who really limits sugar intake (successfully)? So I suffer the mild symptoms of eczema and stomach pain, and the knowledge that my body is probably going to give out sooner if I don't shape up.
What can I say? Discipline is not my strong point.

Roast garlic hummus sounds good. Do you make it? Is it terribly different from regular hummus?

corbeau said...

Heck no. I don't make anything. Well, I don't make very much. I really like Cedar and Tribe brand. I'll eat Sabra hummus if there's nothing else, but it's a tad salty for me.

DFL said...

Doesn't it totally such that you can be having a really bad day before you even get to breakfast? Sometimes being a grown up bites.