Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ninja Report

It was recently pointed out to me that certain people in my household are in sore need of ninja training. This became painfully obvious as the DFL and BSA prepared to catch an early flight to the Dominican Republic this morning. In my sneaky-ninja way, I told them that I was going to bed, as I needed to be well rested for my workday of sneaking and spying. Then, from my darkened upstairs room, I kept a log through the night.


23:00 She-lob takes up residence downstairs. This causes much ado.

23:15 She-lob is defeated and the carcass removed from the premises.

00:00 DFL turns the squeeky shower knobs of doom, which cleverly disguise the controls to her complicated Dooms-day device. I fear for the island of the Dominican Republic. Enjoy your freedom while you can!!

4:00 Many bumpings and thumpings, thumpings and bumpings. Lots of "Shhhhh!!!!" This ninja considered breaking from cover to reassure everyone that it was cool, she was already awake.

4:30 The front gate is slammed and barricaded against any maurading samurai in the neighborhood.

5:00 Sun rise.

5:30 Ponder the great unfairness of Chris' early boot from American Idol.

6:00 Formulate plan to rid trees of evil samurai birdies and their murderous chirping ways.

7:00 Prepare for ninja-work day

8:05 Purchase a 20 oz Dr Pepper to assist in strenous duty of keeping awake.

Conclusion: We need to work on sneaky ninja skills.

So! For our first ninja training exercise, we will work on endurance and analysis by visiting the following site:

http://www.mulletjunky.com/childmullets.htm

Post your ninja report in the comments. Don't make me issue a pop quiz.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i was that ninja i'd be downing a 64oz coke to get through the day not a teeny tiny 20oz. =P

skills of stealth require YEARS of intense training. i salute the ninja in her task.

corbeau said...

Due to unfortunate circumstances in the ninja's formative years, Coke will forever be associated with stomach flu.

Anonymous said...

oh......i'm sorry..that's how it is with me and coco puffs...they're forever associated with the flu.

corbeau said...

Coco puffs?? That's a new one. I suppose that when experienced in reverse, I would be less than coocoo for coco puffs as well.

W.W. said...

Okay, that was tourture, but I got through it with out a peep. So have you thought about ear plugs?

Anonymous said...

JUST FOR THE RECORD- OUR HOUSE IS NOT A HIGH CLASS TRAINING GROUND FOR NINJA'S. THE CREAKY STAIRS AND SQUEEKY PIPES MAKE IT VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ANY NINJA SELF ESTEEM AS YOU CRAWL AROUND THE HOUSE TRYING TO AVOID CERTAIN STEPS... AND THAT SPIDER WAS GINORMOUS!!!!!!!!!

corbeau said...

No, a noisy house is perfect for perfecting ninja techniques. Anyone can be quiet in a quiet house, but it takes a ninja to sneak through a noisy one.

Especially if it has deadly traps and large spiders.