Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ninja Report 2

It's hot today. Hot and muggy. The kind of hot and muggy that makes it impossible to forget that I live in a giant, paved-over swamp. As I walked to work I passed a Macey's that was getting its upper-floors power washed. The spray hung in the air, misting around as it tried to answer the call of gravity, only to be absorbed into the greater mugginess. Most people walked around the spray. I walked through it. It felt nice.

Unfortunately it's cooling effect was fleeting. By the time I reached the end of the block, I couldn't even muster a proper city hello for the jeep that almost hit me in the crosswalk (slam on hood, yell "Hey you Jerk!" or some derivitive thereof.) I just shot them a dirty look instead.

I'll have Bunny Raven give you a demonstration.


"Jerks."

The only good news from my morning commute is that I've found a deli that still has chocolate milk stocked by the time I get in. Yeah!! Take that CVS! You and your wierd inventory that has three slots full of banana milk, while the one chocolate milk slot lies lonely and depleted.

4 comments:

W.W. said...

The movie Thoroughly Modern Millie seems to come to mind. Your just turning all those heads. You should go for the pure white stuff. It is a whole lot better.

corbeau said...

Are you advising me to score some crack?! That's why I left the Midwest. Look how it's corrupted you!

Anonymous said...

banana milk? eewwww. who likes banana milk? what weirdo executive at nesquik thought that would be a great idea?

W.W. said...

Someone with alot of muscle cramps.