Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ninja Report: Lunch

One of my good friends at the firm is leaving to start her career as a middle school teacher. Today we had her farewell lunch at IndeBlue, a very nice restaurant in Chinatown that is "Indian Fusion." Basically they mix Indian and American cuisine.

Since I think food blogging is cool, I made sure to take special attention to the menu selections.

We started off with naan, which was served hot, and was coated in butter, herbs and garlic. It was delicious. I enjoy naan plain, but it was amazing with butter-garlic-herb sauce.

We also had samosas, I had a potato and pea one, although there was also spinach-feta samosa, and a lamb-spice that I don't remember, one. (Food blogging is hard!)

Then we had Dosas (These are all still appetizers. The samurai in charge of the lunch is infamous for the amount of food he orders at these types of functions)

The Dosa was a crepe, filled with mushrooms and a blue cheese sauce. Very tasty.

And then we had a naan pizza, which was basically an enormous naan covered in cheese and prosciutto.

For my main meal I had lamb chops, medium rare, rubbed with spices than grilled in a tandoori and served with a mojito reduction. It came with green lentils and garlic mashed potatoes.

It was amazing. I'm fond of lamb anyway, but having it tandoori style was a whole new experience. Tender, with that great tandoori flavor, and just enough kick from the Mojito reduction (white wine, mint, chilies.) I wish more Indian places served lamb tandoori.

For dessert we ordered three servings of "Some More" a little molten chocolate cake with a scoop of marshmallow ice cream and a candied banana.

I took my helping and finished it. Then one of the admin ninjas across from me didn't want her share, and gave it to me. Than at the end, there was still part of one left, and no one wanted to eat it. The whole table looked at me and said "Give it to Corbeau."
I said "Okay. I'm here to help!" and finished that sucker off.

I feel like I'm going to explode.

Update: I need to learn more food adjectives. I think I used amazing to describe everything. I blame all the candied banana for this complete shut down of my mental thesaurus skills.

1 comment:

W.W. said...

Candied Banana's will do that to you they have a way of peeling away your sanity one sweet bite at a time.