Thursday, August 23, 2007

Nostalgia

The milblog Blackfive had a post discussing recruiting commercials, including this gem from the Japanese Navy.



I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't learn a single dance routine during my time in service. On a totally unrelated note, some of those guys can kick really high.

Compare with a US Navy ad, and marvel at their evil marketing genius.




The Air Force offers this awesome little ad, bravely showing some of the more interesting adventures of enlisted life. Can I just say that I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that this guy does not clean a toilet. Do Air Force guys miss out on this vital part of military training?




I also found this, running cadences from the Rangers, but I sang versions of both when I was in bootcamp. Just substitute "sailor" and "Navy" where appropriate.



I mean, if you find yourself running in formation at 4 in the morning, than singing about how all this is going to kill you someday just seems logical.

And singing about killing Superman is just fun.

2 comments:

W.W. said...

What are you doing up at 4:00 in the morning?

corbeau said...

Well, when I was in the Navy I was doing my morning PT. Hoorah.

PT. Good for you. Good for me.

Oh they say that in the Navy,
the coffee's mighty fine.
Looks like muddy water
taste's like turpentine

Oh Lord, I want to go
But they won't let me go
Oh oh ohh oh ohhh.

Cadences don't work as well when you type them out.