Saturday, September 13, 2008

GOOD NEWS!!!

I just heard from my sister in Houston. Her family is safe, and their house mostly undamaged (6 leaks but no shattered windows and none of the trees hit her house.)

She lives in a part of Houston that was told to hunker down and wait it out. And even though they were prepared as they could be (yeah food storage!) I was still worried for them.

It's still going to be rough for awhile. No power probably for the next three weeks, but everyone's safe and alive.

Yeah!!

Really, at the point there's only way to express my feelings, and that's with the Muppet Beaker singing Beethoven's Ode to Joy.



Here's Andre Rieu's version, which is gorgeous and lovely and complete.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

I'm glad your sister is Ok!
I think it's kind of funny that in your time of mixed emotion, you turn to Youtube. :)

corbeau said...

I have a hard time writing when I'm really emotional.

Youtube provides a nice outlet. :)