Monday, September 29, 2008

Random Dinner Post

Have you guys tried those vegetable steam packets from Jolly Green Giant?

They're pretty good. You just throw the bag in the microwave for six minutes, and then you open the bag, and they're all steamy and nice. And they don't have that weird frozen vegetable mushy thing going on.

Tonight I made a bag of entitled "Baby Vegetables" for dinner. Soon the whole house smelled like steamed cauliflower, because nothing beats cauliflower for scent permeation. Anyway, I was sitting there, smelling the cauliflower and I thought, "You know, I bet a little grated cheese would taste great with that."

The timer dinged, I unzipped the cheese bag, and tossed a handful in the bowl. It instantly melted over the steamy hot vegetables. What I forgot to consider is that these packets also come with a sauce. As I stirred the veggies around, the cheese melted and combined with the sauce, covering all the vegetables with a thick, sticky paste that looked like a head full of snot.

Tasted good though. I just didn't look at it while I ate.

3 comments:

W.W. said...

You really need to become a food critic!!

Nanette said...

wow, that sounds so um, yummy?
Yeah for you for eating your veggies like a good girl!

corbeau said...

It comes and goes. Tonight I had Lucky Charms.