Monday, February 19, 2007

Amazing Race- All Stars!

Yeah! Everyone clap for the return of the Amazing Race in its umpteenth season. Where everyone should really know by now that you never pick the task that has you searching for something tiny, especially when the other task comes with helpful cowboys to make things easy.

Hmm, right now there are too many people involved for me to go through this bit by bit, so let me sum up:

Phil had a really ugly shirt on at the beginning of the show, but thankfully changed into something less painful after the race got started.

Speaking of painful, watching frat boy run with his pierced nipples was definitely an overshare. Fortunately, I have access to ninja mind bleaching techniques and am saved from traumatic mental scarring.

I pity the rest of you though.

I was kind of hoping the two bald guys would go home. I mean, the one looks like he's about to keel over at any moment and the race Just Started. Not only did he lose the footrace, but he injured himself getting out of a cab. Dude.

If you know you're about to compete in a rigourous physical competition on national tv you might want to invest in a little physical training. That's all I'm saying.

Fortunately for them, some guy/girl team got really, really lost. Even more lost than the people who went through the south entrance of the park, meandered around, and still managed to come out ahead of Kentucky.

If I was an Ecuadoran taxi driver, I'd be really irate at all these Americans yelling "Rapido!" at me. One female taxi driver looked like she was about to turn around and start smacking people, except for the camera there in the front seat. You could tell she was thinking about it though.

Rob and Amber started strong, and apparently are "Really Mean" according to BSA. This is important stuff to know since when Rob actually did something nice (he held up the airport shuttle waiting for the Miami guys) he loudly told everyone that he wanted it "noted."

I honestly expected a stronger showing from the Beauty Queens. I guess in a race full of tough competitors, they won't be able to sail through so effortlessly this time.

Good.

What about you guys? Did you watch it? Do you already have a favorite? Or are you waiting for some more teams to go?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm annoyed with the couple that won the million already. i mean, so invitro didnt work, what about adoption? i just dont understand them at all.

corbeau said...

I think they're just marking out their schtick/drama. It's reality tv! Everyone has to have a story.