Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Drabble: Hitchhiker

The lonely slap of sandals against pavement echoed across the deserted street as Son-ja jogged her fifth mile in the early morning gloom. Behind her, a car eased out of a side street and rolled gently towards the samurai dwarf. Without breaking stride, Son-ja opened the door and slid into the passenger seat.
“Hello, friend Grunt. You need assistance?” Son-ja greeted the driver as she folded herself into a lotus position.
Behind the wheel, a massive green orc in a three piece suit grinned, showing his many teeth.
“I’d ask how you knew, but you won’t tell me,” he smiled.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can totally picture son-ja. yea! i'm so excited.=)

corbeau said...

Son-ja's a lot of fun. But her verbose verbal style sure takes up a lot of my 100 words. 8)

Anonymous said...

You're really getting Son-ja down! I'm so proud! Now we just have to work in some katana fun...

corbeau said...

We'll get there. I promise. :)