Friday, February 23, 2007

Drabble: It's a long way down

Parts I & II:

Part I:

“A disturbed killer lurking in dark shadows” Son-ja mused, “Have you contacted Raven?”
“Every time I call, her servants answer and laugh until I hang up.” Grunt’s fingers tightened, wringing a protesting squeal from the steering wheel.
Meanwhile, at 13,000 feet, resplendent in black and gold, Raven jumped from the plane and began her aerial maneuvers. She flipped and came face to face with the inscrutable Mr. Johnson, who was lounging in mid-air.
“You!” Raven spluttered angrily, as she hung immobile “Let me go!”
He shrugged and Raven found herself falling once again, minus the comforting weight of her parachute.

And since I didn't want to leave you hanging, Part II:

“Just kidding!” Raven screamed as she plummeted. She came to a sudden jerking halt, upside down and glaring at Mr. Johnson, with his bland brown hair, brown eyes and incredible aura of power.
“I have a job for you.” He smiled, laughing at her thoughts.
“I’m retired” she drawled.
He ignored her. “Keep Officer Avantegarde alive while she hunts the Kiss Killer. It should be vastly entertaining.”
“That little twit! Why I would,”
“Rather fall to your death?” he interrupted with a raised eyebrow.
“Hate to see anything too fatal happen to an old comrade” Raven finished smoothly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like raven's servants! i can see them sniggering at Grunt. and i'm a raven fan period. =)

corbeau said...

You know, Raven didn't start out with servants, they just kind of evolved as her character grew,often because various GM's would use them as handy NPC's.