Sunday, April 06, 2008

Good Food Friday- Page 3

Just a little late, but I'm pretty sure it's Friday-ish.

Orange Julius

Y’all should appreciate my diligence to the numerical page system, because everything on page 3 is a cold drink, and it is flipping freezing out today.

This one is especially appropriate, since I made mango lassi during the last General Conference. If I’m not careful, I’ll have to have an orange frothy drink for every conference.

Orange Julius

3 oz or 1/3 c frozen orange juice
½ c milk
½ c water
½ c sugar
½ tsp vanilla
5 to 6 ice cubes

Blend all ingredients together.

What is it with the partial can of oj recipes? Once again, I find myself asking “what will I do with 2/3 can of oj?” So it should be no surprise that I dumped that whole sucker in there. Actually, I meant to dump the whole thing, but the last third was being particularly difficult, so I just chucked it.

Then I doubled the portions for everything but the sugar, since that’s a whole lot of sugar. Our cute little blender whipped everything right up, and while digging ice out of the freezer, I had the opportunity to drop one down the back of BSA’s shirt. So all around an awesome recipe!

It’s VERY tasty.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Yum! We always have orange Julius for conference with our cinnamon rolls! I like this recipe a lot, but since I never have ice,we usually just use OJ--the whole thing mixed up regular--and mix it up with some ice cream. mmmmm.

corbeau said...

How come you never have ice? Is that an LA thing?