Saturday, April 26, 2008

Summer Puzzles

There's a storm front coming in, which means that today has been humid, and roasting hot. I was shopping in Target, and I thought I'd check out the toy section, because I think the Marvel SuperHero Squad toys are just about the cutest things ever.

Anyway, I passed the puzzle aisle.

When I was a kid, after school let out my Dad would buy some ginormous work of art that had been cut into thousands of teeny pieces, and we'd have it out all summer on a big ol' tray and everyone would just put pieces in whenever they felt like it.

That was fun. Even though we'd get to the end of the summer, and there was one piece missing, (every time!) I always thought it was neat.

So I went and bought a puzzle. It's going to take me flipping forever, because heaven knows I lack an artistic eye, but I thought it would be fun, and I just had a hankering for a puzzle.

I've emptied it out on the table, and as I go through the pieces, I realize that I should have really gotten a puzzle with less sky involved. I have about 500 blue pieces.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

connor loves puzzles.

i wish we had a space to do that... maybe I'll buy a card table for the balcony... hmmmmmm.