Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday AMV

Today our movie features Read or Die, one of my favorite animes.



All of the amv's I screened were a little dark this week. Must be all the rain.

It's been raining none stop for two days now. Which actually reminds me of an embarrassing conversation I had with some guy at work. He was waiting for the elevator and saw me in the hall.

Some Guy: Excuse me, but do you drive a Monte Carlo?
Me: Yes, actually. I do.
(I was a little startled. How often does some random person ask about your car?)
Some Guy: Is it gray?
Me: Nope, mine is black.
Some Guy: Is it dirty enough that it could look gray?
Me: uh...maybe...
(Who washes their car in April? It rains all the freaking time!)
Some Guy: It's just that every day, on my way to work I see this dark gray Monte Carlo flying by in the left lane.
Me: Oh. Yeah. That's probably me then.
Some Guy: (laughs) Well, I'm the one driving slow and grandpa like in the right hand lane.
Me: Oh okay!!
(I have no idea which car he's talking about. I don't really pay attention unless someone's going slow in front of me.)

Anyway, so when I went to lunch with some friends, we all had to go look at my car, and see if it was dirty enough to look gray. (It wasn't.)

4 comments:

W.W. said...

Now you can tell the guy he has the wrong car. Or maybe this was just his way to meet you.

corbeau said...

I guess. It was still a weird random conversation.

W.W. said...

I miss Read or Die. What an awesome show?

corbeau said...

You should get it! You have the movie.