Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Restaurant Week: Oya

Tuesday night we went to Oya, a Eurasian restaurant. It's actually a restaurant/bar/lounge, which means that while I was dressed in business casual, everyone else there was in nighttime going out/clubbing clothes. This, of course, violates the first law of the ninja.

First law of the ninja: Blend.

Anyway, I couldn't take pictures because the inside was really dark, and the tables were really close together, and I couldn't figure out a way of snapping a photo without getting 5 or 6 people angry at me.

I started off with a goat cheese salad, although the goat cheese wasn't actually in the salad. It was in this weird looking tart thing off to the side with candied something or other all over it. That I didn't care for.

The salad, just greens with some walnuts and a vinaigrette, was good.

For my entree I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass which was bland (and I really like Sea Bass, so this made my sad) but it came with stuffed red peppers that were good. So I give it an okay.

For dessert I ordered a banana bread pudding that made me wish I'd ordered the mousse.

So far, PS7 is the place to beat.

Tonight. B Smith's which features Louisianan/Cajun style cooking. HHHhhmmmmmm Blackened EVERYTHING.

4 comments:

DFL said...

So lame that I'm going to be at work instead. Although I would like to point out that I provided the entertainment for at least the second half of the meal with my left palm and its mysterious missing crease. I'm still waiting for the diagnosis.

corbeau said...

They want me to print you. I've even been given permission to bring home an inking kit.

Are you free on Sunday?

DFL said...

Hahahahahaha! Cecily is coming to my house for dinner on Sunday. What are you doing Saturday? Do I get a copy of the print?

corbeau said...

I'm busy all day tomorrow. We'll have to get together next week. I'll just get two copies.