Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why I hate airlines

So it's 7:15 and I'm sitting in the office on hold with United when I'm supposed to be sitting at Oya enjoying Restaurant Week with TA and BSA. This is my second airlines call today, and so far I've been on hold with this call for 33 minutes. I won't bore you with the details, but basically yesterday I called United to change a very complicated flight which included combining two previous tickets into one new itinerary with stops in six cities. So they sorted everything out, emailed me a confirmation and everything, and then just didn't ticket the flight. So I, of course, got the phone call from a frantic employee in Boston because the airlines won't let them on the plane because he doesn't have a ticket. And to top it off, it's a codeshare flight operated by US Airways, and they just won't even touch it. Now I have to get on the phone with Air France to work out another flight, but they are so lovely they won't let you be on hold for more then 30 minutes, which doesn't mean they answer the call, they just disconnect you after 30 minutes and you have to call back. I love my life.

1 comment:

corbeau said...

Wicked Airlines!! Nasty, tricksy FALSE!!! We hates them precious, we HATES them!!!

Ooh, there's a madtv airline commercial that's pretty good. I'll see if I can find it for you.

To help ease away the pain of airline hell.