Thursday, July 05, 2007

Transformers

Was AWESOME!!

It's a great movie to see in the theaters, on a big screen with surround sound. Just for that awesome moment at the beginning when Blackout (Decepticon/evil Transformer in the shape of a Blackhawk helicopter) first transforms, complete with all those cool robot sounds from the 80s cartoon.

It looks real.

They did an amazing job with the special effects. Watching Starscream (Evil Jet Plane) shifting constantly during a dog fight with the USAF made my heart happy. I'm a Starscream fan. I admit it.

What can I say? The bad guys not only have all the cool names, but they change into cooler vehicles.

The car chase between Barricade (Evil Cop Car) and Bumblebee (Good Camaro) was intense. In fact, all of Bumblebees scenes were cool. Bumblebee was cool.

And that in itself was amazing, considering that he was primarily a source of kiddie comic relief.

But they made him sooo cool.

In fact, anytime they focused on the secondary plot line with all the human characters I was twitching in my seat. I wanted to chant, "Bring back the robots!!"

The military scenes were very well done. Every time they showed the military it was like looking at shots from the USAA calendar. Gorgeous. There's a scene where two A-10 "Warthogs" attack a decepticon that made me clap and cheer. There were also some nice shots of a Naval Carrier Battle Group (although they didn't do anything but look pretty. It just makes me wish even more for an Evangelion movie, just so we can see Unit 2's sea battle.)



If you can swing it, this is definitely one to see in the theaters. It's not very bloody (mainly just robots whaling on each other and stuff getting blown up) and there's isn't even a lot of swearing. I think they tried really hard to keep it family friendly. My favorite line was after Shia Labeouf watched his camaro (Bumblebee) drive off by itself. He calls 911 and reports "Satan's camaro is in my backyard!"

Since transformer video isn't out yet, here's the dancing Citroen:

No comments: