Friday, October 10, 2008

Henry IV Part 1

Last night we got to go see the first of three plays put on by the Folger Shakespeare Theater. The Folger is primarily about research, but every year they put on three of the Bard's plays, and every one I've been to as been awesome.

I was a little worried about this one though. I vaguely remember studying it in High School, and I thought it was boring. I also liked Hotspur, the villian, better than Prince Henry (the hero.)

But the play was really good. The actors really brought out the comedy that's hard to catch when you're just reading it.

Plus they made Hotspur into a first class jerk, so I wasn't as upset about his imminent demise.

The plays are three hours though, and deep into the third hour I started doing the sleepy head-bob during a monologue on honor, but then they started running around, beating on each other with swords, and coming out with more and more fake blood so I stayed awake.

We got home around 11:30, I was asleep by midnight, and woke up at 4 because I was worried about sleeping through the alarm. Work wasn't too bad, I was in class most of the day, which kept me engaged anyway. The only problem is that when I'm tired, the filter between my brain and my mouth detoriates pretty quickly.

We were having a hard time logging on to a new system that we got our passwords for 2 months ago. None of us could remember our passwords exactly, and if you tried too many times it would lock up and then comes the call of shame to tech support.
I was on my fifth try, flirting with the point of no return, when I finally got it right and the little logo box popped up on my screen.

When I saw that little sign pop up I raised my arms above my head in the "touchdown" sign and let out a "WHOOOOOO!!!"

Everyone turned around and stared at me. One girl laughed. I apologized for disrupting the class and we moved on.

It was a little embarrassing though.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Way to rejoice about the little things! No shame in that, right?