Monday, October 27, 2008

Corbeau's Weekend Update

On Saturday I attended a three hour Krav seminar on carjacking defense. All the money raised went to charity, and I learned a lot. I also got punched in the ear and lost half a toenail so clearly, it was awesome.

In the interests of full disclosure, I actually cracked the nail awhile ago, but the seminar sent in on it's merry way. Half a toenail looks so weird, and I have a new appreciation for the exquisitely horrible sensitivity of naked toe flesh.

I spent most of Sunday fighting a headache (I wonder where that came from?) playing the bunny game, and sleeping.

Then today, I went back to Krav. We learned the back kick, and I'm getting better at hitting harder, for longer. For our last exercise, it was three-on-one, and the one started on the ground under a dogpile.

When it was my turn, I thought "Man I hope none of those guys belly flops on me" because even my ninja awesomeness would have a hard time power crawling under three people after having the air knocked out of me. But the guys were nice, and no one flopped.

2 comments:

W.W. said...

Have you been growing your nails out again. Are they painted?

W.W. said...

Have you been growing your nails out again. Are they painted?