Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ninja Mission!!

Last night we performed our ghosting. I made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Caramel cookie bars using the handy recipe on the back of the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie bag.

This would have been a great opportunity to wear my ninja costume, but it didn't fit and the exchange hasn't made it back yet. So I went out in jeans and a black hoodie, which gave me the comforting thought of "Man I hope no one calls the cops on me."

BSA was the driver, TSA assisted with delivery. The first target lived on the top floor of an apartment complex with a brightly lit stairwell that you could see all the way down, and giant glass windows that let you see the parking lot (very safe, but inconvenient for sneaky cookie delivery.)

The only way to success lay in speed. TSA stayed on the ground floor, holding open the big safety door. I laid the cookies down on the mat, pressed the doorbell, and then flew down the stairs as fast as I could. Since they were little half stairs, I'd go down two steps, jump to the landing, use the railpost to swing around, take 2 steps, jump down, etc.

According to TSA, it sounded like this: thud thud BAM! thud thud BAM! thud thud BAM!
Until I hit the ground floor yelling "Go go go!!" like a commando. We jumped into the car, where BSA was laughing hysterically, having watched my descent through the enormous windows.

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your perspective) she wasn't home, so the cookie delivery remains anonymous.

Our second delivery wasn't that exciting, although I did manage to make it down their steep cement staircase without breaking my neck. They were home, so I was forced to press myself flat against the side of staircase, and try to become one with the potted plants above my head.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Go ninja girl!! Thank goodness you've taken all those krav classes!

tiff said...

Ha ha ha...I love it! I'm inspired to take my kids out delivering cookies as the Halloween Phantom.