Monday, September 24, 2007

Avatar Summation

I dislike summing up entire tv episodes, so I'll just hit the highlights of Friday's all new Avatar.

Zuko and Mai totally hooked up. Was anyone else expecting kissing in the first five minutes? I wasn't.

Aang has hair. And it looks...wierd... I realize the arrow is supposed to come down his forehead to his face, but the way it's drawn makes him look like he has a receding hairline. Which is just bizarre on a kid.

Kataara faced her abandoment issues.

Azula remains fiendishly evil. And clever. Watching her play Zuko while manipulating fire kingdom politics to her advantage is a delight.

Sokka had the best lines. "Aang! Everyone thinks your dead. Isn't that great?!" I love Sokka. I also enjoyed his shouting at The Universe. "Thank you, The Universe."

Kataara had some great water bending moments, seperating ships with a whirlpool and creating an enormous fog bank for evasion purposes. I'm so glad that days of "Kataara hits people with her water whip" are done.

Toph can bend steel. This is awesome.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

how will i EVER make it until the DVD comes out?! I JUST got to see season 2 finally!!!

corbeau said...

It's better this way, because now you don't have to wait four torturous months to see what happened. Have an avatar marathon and join in for Friday's episode!

Or do you not have regular tv? I used to watch everything on dvd, but I've become addicted to tv again.

W.W. said...

Was not expecting the kiss. I really wonder at who is playing who here.