Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bad Hair Day

I've spent this past week fighting a nasty bug that's been going around the office. This is problematical since, as a new employee, I have a grand total of 2 sick days.
I used one Tuesday, but have decided to save the other in case of sudden appendectomy.

Last night I was trying to sleep, but I was so congested, I couldn't sleep until I had built all my pillows into a little chair/pyramid, so I could sleep half sitting up.

The good news, I finally slept, but I had psycho dreams and when I woke up, my head had fallen between two pillows at a weird angle, and I could no longer look to the left.
This led to more shifting and rearranging, and finally I managed to about half an hour quality sleep before my alarm went off.

So you can imagine I wasn't my best self when I went into work. My eyes burned and felt grimy, I felt sick, and my hair had gone into full Medusa mode, so you can imagine my joy when I found out that I was getting all my official work photos today.

No lie. I had no suit. I'm sick. And my hair's insane. In fact, it took two people to try and calm it down, and finally even the photographer came over and tried to get the worst "devil horns" tucked away behind my ears. It was so embarrresing. And these are the pictures that will be used for the rest of my career. Lovely.

On an up note, Lost is replaying the Season Finale, with a helpful bar at the bottom that explains EVERYTHING. Who these people are, their motivations, insider knowledge from past seasons. The whole kablooey.

It's the only way to watch the show. Hopefully they'll keep it up all season, and we can finally find out what's up with the shadow monster.

1 comment:

W.W. said...

Way to keep up with tradition. To bad your not feeling well. Now you can scare away all those would be weird sutters. Just flash him the photo of the Medusa crimilist.