Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Man, Where am I?

Sorry for the light posting. I've had to go into exile, to suffer from the humiliation of getting booed off stage during my grand debut as a rock star.

Actually, I was playing the rock star game at a New Year's Eve party. I was bass. I was awful.

So then I tried to be the charismatic front man. My fatal mistake was choosing a song by The Killers. Their lyrics make no sense whatsoever. And I simply cannot read words like that without some kind of running commentary and/or grammar corrections. It's just the way I roll. That's when I get booed off stage.

I went back to bass, which I finally managed to get ok at by 1:00. Everyone at the party was addicted to that game though. We played it, turned it off for 10 minutes to watch the ball fall, and then we put the game back on. I stayed until 1, but I had an hour drive home so I resisted the urge to rock out one last time.

Thank You Fredericksburg!!!! YOU ROCK!!!

3 comments:

Nanette said...

I had no idea you could do running commentary and/or grammar corrections while singing!
How have you hidden such talents all this time?

corbeau said...

Why yes. Anyone who happens to ride in a car with me while the radio is playing gets to hear all kinds of fun analysis.

If you do it during the Rock Band game though, you lose.

W.W. said...

Half pint got booded off twice on guitar hero number 3 I believe. It was entertaining to say the least.