Thursday, November 29, 2007

First Day on the New Schedule

My shift starts at 7, so I need to be on the road by 6:15. That means I get up at 5:30. Do you know how early that is?

It's Gosh Darn Freaking Early.

I was nervous that I would sleep through my alarm, so I woke up every hour on the hour all last night. I got up on time, and in fact, I got on the road a little early.

Just FYI. It is really cold, and really dark at 5:45am.

The commute was actually quite nice. There was traffic, but it was steady and we moved at a good pace. Unlike the other side of the freeway, which was looking like a parking lot. (at freaking 6 in the morning!)

I got to work a half hour early, so I stayed in the car and read, and then watched the start of the sunrise.

The START of the sunrise. That is freaking early man.

I got my labcoat today though. And that makes me the luckiest girl in the world.

4 comments:

W.W. said...

Okay first of all the coat is just a form of a dress, second wait until the summer and you will be going in and the sun is already up. Congradulations though. Glad you made it. So do you get the cool badge and ID?

Kristen said...

You got a lab coat! You are a squint! Yay!

Yes, that is VERY freaking early in the morning. (you realize what time it is HERE when you are waking up? oh yeah. CrAzY!)

Nanette said...

Chris wants to know (And I do too, in fact) if you took your intense work out classes to combat your lab parters in lab coats.

corbeau said...

Ooh, duels to the death with magnifying glasses and beakers? That would be awesome!!

Actually, I took the classes to get in shape. I have a hard time working out just to work out. But learning to hit is fun!

I have to pass an extensive physical every two years, so I'll just have to keep taking the classes.