Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Out Damn SPOT!!

This morning, while I was getting ready for a work a small blob of toothpaste fell off my toothbrush, and onto my dark blue shirt.

There it sat. A big white spot right in the center, where I would keep my S if I were Superman.

Nuts.

So I scrubbed it off. It came back. So I used some soap and scrubbed. Of course now I had a big wet spot, but I needed to leave, and figured it would dry behind my coat during the train ride into work.

I get to work, take off my coat, and there's the white stain, bright and cheeky as ever.

Dang it!

I got a Shout wipe from a friend, and over the course of the morning have scrubbed at my spot 3 different times to no avail.

Obviously this is no normal spot. It's a spot of the undead. A zombie spot. A vampire spot. A monstrous mutant monster spot constantly regenerating in its quest to make me look really stupid. The only way to kill such a monster is to cut off it's head, pour salt on it and then burn it.

Of course, this is a stain on a shirt so my options are a bit more limited.

I'm considering an exorcism. Or dry cleaning.

And today one of my samurai is taking me out for a congratulatory/farewell lunch at Bobby Van's on NY Ave. (Hmmmmm, four star beef)

Nothing says classy like having toothpaste emblazoned on your chest.

2 comments:

W.W. said...

Dude always change your shirt when this happens. I have had this happen to me before, and I have learned my leason that nothing except the washing machine will get out toothpaste. It has got to be the flouride in it.

corbeau said...

Since I'm in the middle of my grand moving phase, I have a very limited number of unpacked shirts to choose from.